To be eligible for the Russian Business Leaders program, applicants must:
- Be a citizen and current resident of Russia. Applicants living outside Russia or on a long term program outside Russia will not be considered eligible to apply;
- Be born on/after October 1, 1990 and no later than December 17, 1996;
- Be proficient in English;
- Have two years of relevant experience in and commitment to a career in business. Relevant fields of business include entrepreneurship, innovation, social entrepreneurship, large corporations;
- Have demonstrated business leadership skills and experience.
University degree is strongly encouraged.
Individuals in the following circumstances are NOT eligible to apply to participate as fellows in the Russian Business Leaders program:
- U.S. citizens and permanent residents of the United States
- Individuals currently participating in academic, training, research programs, or who are currently working in the United States
- Individuals who have already been recipients of and participated in the Russian Business Leaders program
- Individuals currently residing or working outside Russia
- Individuals who have participated in an exchange visitor program sponsored or funded by the U.S. government (e.g., Public Affairs Sections at U.S. embassies or other U.S. government agency) and who have not fulfilled their two-year home residency requirement by the time of the application
- Individuals who have applied for U.S. permanent residency in the past three years
- Persons arrested for, charged with, or convicted of a crime as further detailed by the U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs